Monday 17 October 2011

It's high time for Eurocrime.




Who am I? I'm a 29 year old Scots bum with a half arsed career in writing reviews on bad Hong Kong movies. What I'm concerned with here is amassing a few reviews on Eurocrime movies, good and bad from mainly the 1970s and 80s.

Eurocrime is mainly associated with Italian cinema of this period, especially the 1970s but there were other additions to the genre, from France, Germany, Sweden and even the UK which produced a couple of films I think fit into the sweaty genre.

What is eurocrime though?

Eurocrime is for the most part the ideals and images of the US crime thrillers post Bonnie And Clyde tossed into a blender and mixed with olive oil, moustaches and Fiats to create a really sleazy cinematic stew. More than just dirty cops and urban vigilantes Eurocrime is home to mad killers, rapists, heisters, drug runners and people smugglers aswell as the odd tale of simple sordid murder.

Get the picture?

I could warble on but I'll let the reviews speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment